Monday, April 25, 2011

A Tisket.. A Tasket... Candy in the Basket!!

What kind of Mother would steal candy from such a sweet little girl?  We are only one day out from Easter and I'm already pillaging the kids' baskets.  I can't stand these holidays that feature candy and lots of it.  Halloween and Easter are bad, bad, bad for me.  You'd think I'd get a clue and buy candy that I can't stand.. but ohhhhh no...Lindt chocolate bunnies and lambs, Cadbury eggs, M&Ms, Jolly Rancher jelly beans.  I can't even admit how many bags of Cadbury eggs I powered through weeks before Easter even arrived. Let's just say that I was so happy when the store sold out (well, I was sad and happy at the same time.  It was a bittersweet moment!).  It's pretty bad when the kids are yelling "MOM.. did you eat the ears off my chocolate bunny?".  I can only blame the dog so many times (once she really did eat the entire basket of candy that my daughter left on the floor. No really, she did! It was NOT me!).  Oh well, what can I do.  I'm a candy junkie.  I need my fix.  I need help.  Is there a 12 step program for this?  I've been through denial, blame, anger (when the candy is gone!) and acceptance (I accept that chocolate tastes good... too darn good!).  So to my darlings, I am so sorry for plundering your candy that you leave all over the house (in every room!) but think of all the cavities I'm saving you from.  And you can thank me for the sweet teeth I gave you!

5 comments:

  1. Right there with you. I have an out of control sweet tooth. I've gotten used to it over the years and just go ahead and buy myself a bag of my favorite. It helps keep me out of the rest. I think I need a 12 step program too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is still young- just about 20 months old... its very easy to steal her candy--- unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mom's got to do, what a mom's got to do! You are just looking out for your daughter's health. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! A girl after my own heart! Love it!

    ReplyDelete